Sr. Project Manager
Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Sr. Project Manager
to join their growing team. The client is open to 100% remote resources. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
IT Project Managers are responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project-oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. This position focuses on technical projects related to the design, development, execution, implementation or maintenance of systems or software. IT Project Managers ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. They create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures). They track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Partner with IT technical staff and Business Sponsor to ensure the design accomplishes both business and technical requirements
- Accountable for managing and monitoring project performance of multiple projects with one or more internal and external dependencies, multiple scopes, including: providing guidance to Leadership and core team which consist of Business/IT and external entities.
- Manages Issues, Risk, Dependencies and Change Request following the established PMO guidelines.
- Identifies, negotiates, communicates and manages project changes. Reports status of project, including project risks, to customers, project team, supervisor, Project Offices, governance and other key staff
- Oversee product documentation and archiving and adheres to the Project Management standards for project closure.
- Responsible for managing external and vendor relationships (including the SOW) and managing to implementation of deliverables and schedules
qualifications: REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- 5-8 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education as an IT Project
- Comfortable interfacing with directors from multiple domains
- Rally and Agile project management
- Good knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Solid knowledge and experience in various Project Management and Product Development concepts, methodologies and processes
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of and SDLC disciplines
- Understanding of the concepts, theories and processes of the Project Management Methodology.
- Broad knowledge of IT functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
- Ability to lead and facilitate project team status meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk , and dependency updates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Strong Communications (written and verbal)
- Strong PC skills specifically utilizing the MS Office Suite products (e.g., MS Word, MS Excels, etc.).
- Expert in MS Project 2010
- Expert in MS Excel
PREFERRED CERTIFICATION: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer, Mathematics, or Business-related field or relevant work experience
- Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
- Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
skills: Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.