job summary: Senior Database Architect / Developer Summary and Responsibilities
- A successful candidate will participate in the transformation and implementation of a critical reporting and management information system within the client. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills. Must have interpersonal skills with a proven track record of interacting with different groups and various levels of a large organization.
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 73 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Must be a strategic thinker who can focus on process improvement. As part of an agile scrum team, the candidate will work with users to refine requirements, design and develop high-quality and scalable database systems. . The candidate will be responsible for driving architecture and implementation of key program initiatives. The candidate will be expected to be a hands on architect and developer with the ability to drive design and implementation initiatives.
- 10+ years professional experience developing solutions on Oracle databases.
- Experience with data warehousing solutions
- Experience with Oracle database and query performance optimizations
- Extensive experience in data modeling and database architecture
- Strong in PL/SQL
- Experience with Oracle 12c
- Ability to apply architectural patterns and principles to achieve reusability, testability, scalability and maintainability
- Experience with modeling tools and notation
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with release management, branching strategies and distributed source control systems such as GIT
- Experience and desire to work in an Agile process (pair programming, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of problem domain in which they have been working
- Strong communication skills
- Nice to have
- Experience with domain driven design
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Relevant industry (financial middle/back office) experience
- Deal Breakers
- Lack of passion for technology
- Inability to think through complex problems
- Inability to understand abstractions
- Lack of interest in professional growth and learning
- Lack of passion for quality
- Lack of delivery focus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.