Development Tech Lead
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team that interacts with all areas of the business and provides excellent experience and knowledge across the IT spectrum. Our team is made up of talented individuals who thrive in a challenging work environment and enjoy utilizing their problem-solving skills. The role will act as a Lead on projects, providing technical guidance and oversight to project execution team. The position will also ensure alignment between project activities and accepted scope and negotiate with the business, vendors and other stakeholders on changes to scope. This role will own full end-to-end delivery of software products and will also be responsible for managing team members of varying professional level.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 72 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Lead a team of employees and contingent workers to remediate applications with out of support/legacy technologies and/or security vulnerabilities
- Provide direction to team members keeping team on track to complete projects and ensure project goals are met by assigning tasks to team members and timely follow ups
- Meet development schedules by ensuring the delivered solutions meet the technical specifications and design requirements.
- Provide proactive advice and feedback throughout the development lifecycle for prevention and early correction of quality problems.
- Train and mentor the junior staff / team members
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
*8+ Years of experience in IT industry with at least 4 years in Technical Lead position
* Experience with Java development background and having worked on architectural design, optimizations & performance tuning.
* Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers (Apache, Apache Tomcat), caching, application servers, & load balancers Knowledge / hands-on experience on multiple technologies such as:
* Java/J2EE & middleware (WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) technologies in UNIX environment
* AWS - migrate Web-based app with DB backend to Cloud, Replatform to cloud friendly technologies
* Build automation / CICD pipeline integration tools (Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket, Artifactory, etc.)
* Experience with Dockers & Containers, and Orchestration technologies like OpenShift / Kubernetes/EKS.
* Scripting languages such as UNIX Shell, Perl, Python, Ansible etc.
* Relational databases (Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL) with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, XQuery and XML Query
* Information and application security including firewall, AD, TAM/PING, LDAP, certificates, public key encryption, SSH, access credentials, etc.
skills: Preferred Skills
* AWS Solution Architect Certification
* Knowledge or experience with VM Cloud on AWS
* Financial services and/or mortgage industry experience
* Experience managing software development teams
* Experience in infrastructure upgrade/migration related to Middleware and Database
* Hands-on Micro Services architecture and development
* Familiarity with SOX and ITGC controls
* Rich knowledge of and hands-on experience with MS office (Excel, Power point) products
* Sound Knowledge of unit testing methodologies and frameworks
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.