The IT Onsite Support (level 2) will implement, maintain and support various business systems and technical solutions to improve company work-flow, production, efficiency and effectiveness. This may include end point devices (desktops, laptops, smart devices), security, A/V systems, and application solutions. These responsibilities involve analyzing business needs and opportunities, then developing and executing system enhancements and new technology installations as well as provide second level technical support and training. Position Description:
- Field incoming help requests from customers in Service Now, walk-ins and Remote customers in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent customer identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
- Assist Global Service Desk as advanced problems appear and to provide a solution as a team.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for customers.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Provide advanced level 2 support for office and field-based employees. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish site wide IT goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks using a wide degree of creativity and latitude to meet the customer's expectations.
- Coordinates work performed by IT and internal customers/partners for all site level projects.
- Builds relationships with customers by understanding their technical needs to research, develop, and recommend unique value add improvements to the workspace environment
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- The IT On-site Support will have a well-rounded working knowledge of various networking, hardware, software, security, A/V systems and peripherals.
- The ideal candidate will have eight plus year's hands on experience with Microsoft operating systems and applications (Windows 10, AD, SharePoint, Microsoft teams Blue Jeans, Box,), desktop and laptop hardware, desktop management, backup/recovery, voice and data communication and other related technologies
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience working with a helpdesk ticket system Service Now.
- Understanding and experience of PC management systems (i.e. SCCM, etc.)
- Previous experience with software packaging and deployment.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office, Skype, Internet Explorer, Citrix receiver, etc.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities and remote support tools.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Proven track record providing exceptional customer experiences. Personal Attributes:
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
skills: - Thought Process: Able to understand technical concepts and can develop ways to help others learn. Ability to solve complex problems with innovative solutions. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Ability to quickly and proactively gain an understanding of the client's business problems and deliver solutions and recommendations to solve.
- Interpersonal: Excellent customer service, technical, organizational, and communication skills -- in person and on the phone; effective listening and team orientation. Able to persuade, influence and negotiate with staff and vendors in critical situations. Able to motivate others and work cooperatively in a group to achieve common goals.
- Physical: Able to sit at a desk and grasp writing instruments. Able to manipulate fingers to perform keyboard strokes on a computer. Mobile between buildings. Must also be able to lift 40lbs without issue and move it from under a desk to a cart and vice versa.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.