Our client is seeking a Senior Network Administrator to join our team in support of the Defense Health Agency (DHA). The mission is to augment DHA staff at select Military Treatment Facilities (MTF's) across the nation and oversees while providing IT implementation as well IT maintenance support at these sites. The Med-COI enclave is compliant with the Joint Information Environment Single Security Architecture and also provides segregation from Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) to support seamless interoperability with business and mission partners. The Application Migration effort is to migrate DHA clinical applications into that so the Med-COI enclave is prepped for the deployment of DHMSM's iEHR. The scope of this effort includes using existing system sustainment and maintenance contracting vehicles to support the planning, engineering, implementation, and functional testing. This effort and support centers on the roll out of the Genesis Military Health System (MHS).
location: Herndon, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
-Lead team of technical resources and report on technical progress, issues, and problem areas
-Ensure proper performance of tasks necessary for efficient and effective execution of the required tasks at the team's sites
-Work with the Project Manager to provide effective and efficient management
-Also includes Network Administrator skills.
- Current and active Tier 5 SSBI / Top Secret Clearance
- Current & Active Security+CE certification required
- Current & Active CCNA certification required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of direct experience in Network Administration
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred; additional 6 years of experience may be used in lieu of Bachelors Degree.
- Requires Employee to travel 100% around the world
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport
- Ability to complete all work as a part of a team with little to no supervision or assistance
- Preparing, aligning, and implementing DHA plans and strategies based upon DISA, MHS, Army, Navy, Air Force, and DHA Computer Network Defense requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to improve DHA network capabilities.
- Analyze and evaluate network security incidents to develop strategies, configurations, and procedures to prevent or minimize future network exploits.
- Provide installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and implementation support to all DHA supported activities.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain a global Medical Community of Interest (MEDCOI) architecture supporting all DHA activities and partners.
- Review and analyze network infrastructure surveys, WLAN heat maps, floor plans, cable drop placement and counts, data analysis, network design and implementation as part of an established network design engineering team in support of customer directed requirements.
- Make VLAN and SubNet changes based on the IP Plan; where errors exist within the IP Plan due to missed assets, submit IP Plan change request with missing information
- Schedule downtime among stakeholders to apply configuration change per IP Plan and migration plan
- Test connectivity through pre and post migration activities
- Migrate workstations and printers to the Med-COI enclave
- Configure printers to new print servers
- Configure end users to new file servers
- Support user and department data migration to the Local Core Infrastructure
- Assist with troubleshooting network, SCCM, active directory, websites and PPSM failures
- Map ports using network tools or devices as required
- Build/plug in EUDs for remote testing
- Review and verify D2D VLAN/IP Plan assignments for MTF core infrastructure
- VLANs; check for VLAN conflicts against current MTF VLAN assignments
- Coordinate and track PPS for LAN/WLAN core infrastructure services to support management authentication to DNOC AAA/two-factor authentication (2FA), access to regional WLAN 2.6 components, connectivity to DNOC network management systems, remote management access, etc.
- Configure core infrastructure VLANs and IP gateways on MTF core switches connected to Med-COI in accordance with zone architecture documentation to support testing client connections (if IP Plan is available)
- Configure network management interface (virtual routing and forwarding [VRF] and physical connections if needed) on MTF core switches
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.