The Salesforce Solution Architect / Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and ongoing support of new features and data integrations with our Salesforce platform. This role spans responsibilities from high-level architecture through hands-on development and testing, and may include ongoing Salesforce administration. The role is part of a cross-functional Salesforce team that spans business and technologists and reports up to the CEO of our Client. The reporting structure and scale of our org ensure that this individual will have the opportunity for incredible ownership of results and impact on the company's performance. A team player with a collaborative, service-dedicated and creative solutions-oriented mindset is essential.
The candidate should have mastery or strong proficiency with the following technologies and patterns:
- Basic configuration of common objects within Salesforce Sales/Service Cloud Unlimited with Shield encryption
- Experience implementing a variety of record sharing and security schemes
- Superior Salesforce development skills, including Apex, Lightning Components, Visualforce, REST, APIs, and SOQL.
- Batch data integration via sophisticated custom SQL scripts and SSIS packages performing complex ETL
- Real-time event-based integration via Salesforce Connect or MuleSoft, including remote call-in to Salesforce via API's
- Design and development of sophisticated reporting using Einstein Analytics or Tableau
- Related applications and AppExchange partners such as Pardot, RIVA, and GeoPointe
The team follows an Agile methodology with each member responsible to a certain degree for elaborating user stories as well as implementing them, so strong communication skills, creative problem-solving and empathy for the user experience are required. Some technical documentation is required to ensure that all team members can understand and support the features on an ongoing basis.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Understand the enterprise systems environment around Salesforce here at our Client: The architecture, data model, and platform integration options for all of our major applications.
- Collaborate with other technologists on the design of integration points with other enterprise applications, including other Salesforce orgs, Mulesoft, Azure-based applications, and legacy client-server applications.
- Define the detailed requirements and specifications for new features and integrations based upon high-level business requirements.
- Design, build, test, and deploy integrations with Salesforce using the variety of technologies described in this job description.
- Monitor and maintain the ongoing effective operation of these features & integrations.
Skills and Knowledge
- 7+ years of advanced, hands-on architecture and development experience required
- BS or MS in a technical discipline; MS preferred
- Experience in the Financial Services industry preferred
- strong oral and written communication skills
- strong understanding of Salesforce architecture and integration components with expertise around creating and managing custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, page layouts, reports, custom workflows and approval processes within Salesforce. Appropriate certifications to support that understanding.
- Proficiency and experience with the most common Salesforce integration patterns: batch data synchronization, event bus integration, remote process invocation, remote call-in, data virtualization, Salesforce Canvas, and custom Lightning components. Must have experience working with integration features such as callouts, future methods, batch and scheduled apex, Platform Events, REST and SOAP APIs
- Mastery of data integration and transformation tools including SQL, MuleSoft, Sesame, Salesforce Connect, or equivalents.
- The following Salesforce certifications are required or highly beneficial:
- Salesforce Admin (Required)
- Platform Developer I (Required) and II (highly beneficial)
- Platform App builder (highly beneficial)
- Integration Architect Designer (highly beneficial)
Data Architecture and Management Designer (highly beneficial)
- Experience with SFDC Developer Console, Apex data loader for data loads (inserts/updates) in Salesforce.
- Experience with Lightning Components, Lightning Events, Lightning Interface, Eclipse IDE, Force.com ANT, Developer Console for development is highly beneficial.
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment and solid foundation in software development practices
- Experience delivering and supporting highly critical business applications in a fast-paced and demanding environment
Ability to work independently and be self-accountable to deliver a high level of performance
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Service Cloud
- Salesforce Lightening
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.