In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
A passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
location: SAN ANTONIO, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Data Engineer - A Realistic Preview
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design and implement technical solutions.
- Identify and solve significant technical problems and architecture deficiencies.
- Participate in daily standups and design reviews.
- Breakdown business features and into technical stories and approaches.
- Analyze data and enable machine learning.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes.\
- Help on-board entry level engineers.
- Collaborate with the team and other engineers to plan and execute assignments and tasks.
- May begin mentoring junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study,
Certification from an approved technical field of study,
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 4 years of of data management experience implementing data solutions demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. Preferred Experience:
- IBM DataStage Experience
- 4+ years of Data Warehousing experience
- Unix bash Experience
- Python Experience
- Java Experience
- Hadoop Experience
- Control-m Experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Warehouse
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.