job summary: Summary:
- 10 + years. Develops, enhances, tests, supports, maintains and debugs software applications that support business units or support functions.
- A senior member of the technical team responsible for assisting senior business leaders and management
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $46 - 56 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- May provide strategic technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business system requirements to recommend innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Leads or has responsibility for estimation of effort for software application for one or more programmers.
- Coordinates collaboration with external programming teams to deliver software on time and within budget.
- Provides feedback and technical guidance to project managers on issues of critical importance to achieving business objectives. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers.
- Resource will be responsible for Design, Development, Testing and Deployment of code for Mainframe applications.
- Resource will assist in Production Support
- Resource will attend all Agile ceremonies (i.e. Daily Stand-ups)
Required Technical Skills
- Minimum of 7-10 years of application programming experience
- Proficient in Cobol, VSAM, DB2 and JCL
- Knowledge of these tools or similar tools: FILE Manager, RDZ (Cobol Debugger), MS Query
- Experience with the MS Office Suite of Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have some experience with CICS
- Must have experience using Mainframe Development Tools and Version Control Software
- Excellent analytical, software design and documentation skills
- Enhance and support mainframe-based application heavy in VSAM and flat-files, with non-structured COBOL and CICS elements.
- Has experience debugging applications in a production support role
- Handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with the development models and software development lifecycle (SDLC) model
- Competency with VISIO and SSRS would be a plus
- Competency in JAVA would be great but not required
- Communicate effectively across varied areas including technology, business units and senior leadership
- Work on multiple projects concurrently
- Team Player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.