job summary: Summary:
- This is a Senior Software Development Engineer role in Online development team. Team owns some of the most critical, high volume applications built on multi-tier J2EE architectures.
- The candidate must possess passion for producing high quality software, ready to jump in and solve complex problems, be able to mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews.
- Role also involves fair amount of innovation, which includes coming up with new ideas, prototype, and convince technology and business leadership for implementation
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Provide leadership and deep technical expertise in all aspects of solution design and application development for specific business environments.
- Focus on setting technical direction on groups of applications and similar technologies as well as taking responsibility for technically robust solutions encompassing all business, architecture, and technology constraints.
- Possesses strong technical skills; provides tech knowledge and capabilities and coaches team members. Will not have direct reports but will direct activities of a team for execution of projects.
- May be responsible for coordinating teams to accomplish development in a matrixed organization. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience building web applications using J2EE technologies and frameworks like Spring
- Experience building RESTful and consuming RESTful/SOAP web services
- Good interpersonal communication skills for tech and business conversations
- Good analytical skills to break down requirements, solve complex problems
- Experience working on high volume applications
- Experience in server side frameworks like Spring MVC
- Experience building restful web services
- Experience in latest front end technologies like handlebars, foundation, and reactJS
- Experience in performance tuning with good understanding JVM internals
- Experience in modern JVM languages like groovy
- Prior open source contributions
- Background in mathematics or statistics
- Proven task management and leadership skills
- Experience working in agile teams
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.