Major Responsibilities Provides technical support on TDM and IP Transport network elements, Digital Cross- Connect, and Ethernet platforms to resolve equipment and service malfunctions, create processes and procedures, assist with network problem solving and isolation, and assist with hardware/software.
location: Cary, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 31 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This function is carried out through alarm monitoring, outage notification and event management, ticket processing, network and equipment maintenance scheduling and technical assistance to Field Operations personnel on the repair of all global network platforms.
The function is also responsible for monitoring the implementation of transport network change control activities and performs pre/post technology checks, scripting, problem solving and analytical analysis. Applicants must be willing to work rotating 7x24 hour shifts.
Provide technical and/or analytical support to one or more departments or working units with limited supervision; aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area; typically reports to Supervisor or on occasion a Manager.
Performs a variety of activities (may be technical or administrative in nature) in support of the functional processes, programs and/or services.
Must have the ability to lead a team of Engineers and technicians with operational issues, maintenance, and upgrade activities. Coordinate corrective actions with vendor as needed, minimizing calls to vendor as practical. Coordinate equipment upgrades with vendor, sites, and engineering.
This position will be responsible for representing department during development, implementation, First Office Application (FOA), operation and maintenance of any new equipment, feature or corrective load.
- Provide complex technical support to Field Operations, NMC's, and peer groups
- Resolve complex technical demand maintenance issues
- Assist with network problem isolation
- Perform software, firmware and hardware upgrades
- Assist NMC technicians with operation and maintenance activities
- Coordinate corrective actions with vendor
- Create operational and maintenance procedures
- Coordinate and assist with equipment upgrades with vendor, sites, and engineering
- Represent the department during development, implementation, First Office Applications (FOA), operation, and maintenance of any new equipment, feature, or corrective loads.
- Reviews tickets open for greater than 1 month and provide direction for prompt resolution
- Provide 7X24 coverage, including weekend/holiday on-call support
- Provide input for vendor Operations Review meetings
- Research and resolve technical escalations
- Utilize software packages in support of duties (i.e. NMT, ProComm, Exceed, Word, Excel, Tableau, Python, Splunk, etc.)
- Follow departmental guidelines as defined in the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and subsequent emails
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, DevOps/Analytics or other telecom related discipline or 3 or more years of equivalent experience
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills. Shift work is a requirement in this position. Must be able to demonstrate: - High level of proficiency in deployed Digital Cross-Connect, IP, Transport platforms
- High level of proficiency in trouble-shooting, problems solving and/or network isolation
- Leadership skills
- Expertise in the operation and use of a personal computer
- Proficiency in the operation and use of back-office support systems (Ticketing, Change management systems, Inventory/Topology systems (BGW, F&E, etc.)
skills: technical support
IP Transport network elements
global network platforms
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.