We have a contract to hire for an IT Specialist opportunity in San Antonio, TX.
We are looking for someone who has experience supporting a small corporate environment and has worn many hats providing desktop support to include Tier 1/2 Network and Server troubleshooting.
If you have experience setting up sharepoint sites (not developing just setting up) this would be a big plus.
Experience with some mySQL and MSSQL systems supporting business and a refinery network. Some capabilities with regard to infrastructure and setting up user level queries and reports in some basic databases is highly preferred.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Experience with installation, configuration, support, trouble-shooting and maintenance of personal computers and hardware
- Applied computer skills to include understanding of networking, hardware, system administration, active directory, operating systems and desktop applications
- Extensive knowledge of setup, support, and maintenance of MFP (Multifunctional Printers/Peripheral) copiers, printers, plotters, and facsimiles.
- Extensive experience with installation, configuration, support, trouble-shooting and maintenance of Microsoft Office products, like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Project
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with customers and support teams
- Exceptionally strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills for interaction with all levels of personnel
- Ability to identify alternative solutions for development of decision-making proposals, which support organizational goals/objectives and budget constraints
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to make recommendations and independent decisions
- Experience working with moderately complex data
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to complete complex assignments
- Ability to effectively manage sensitive and confidential information
- High level of accuracy of work and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, with installation, configuration, support, trouble-shooting and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, in a Windows enterprise environment
- Comfortable with change and ability to adapt to the changing needs, changes in standard technologies, or changes in business processes or procedures to support corporate goals or initiatives
- Ability to provide on-call production support
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of TMS6
- somebody that has put together and/or maintained share point sites
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Desktop Support (3 years of experience is required)
- network troubleshooting
- Server Troubleshooting
- MY SQL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.