job summary: The primary focus will be to provide support for the staff that work in the testing center and serve as a backup administrator for our new Lab Information Management System (LIMS) which will track samples being tested through the lab workflow
. Never alone, this position is part of a larger Client Technology Services team, allowing for backup coverage when on vacation and growth opportunities to learn about other areas of campus. Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, bar codes and tracking computer peripherals, and Linux preferred.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 59,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Advocate for client technology needs, primarily focusing on the critical new testing center
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and provide expert-level support for a wide variety of areas including client/desktop administration, mobile devices, client-server and web-based solutions, like the LIMS platform.
- Participate in multiple service, platform or project teams as a subject matter expert, technical lead, client lead and/or project lead/manager
- Focus on consistently providing best in class support through collaboration with our faculty, staff, and researchers to update and improve business processes using Information Technology solutions
- 3-5 years' experience in a related technology environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- Must be able to lift moderately heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds).
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- This position entails being on call and working evening, weekend and/or holiday hours, as needed
- Strong experience with diagnosing Windows and macOS issues required.
- Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues.
- Familiarity with Exchange, Active Directory, group policy, VMware, file permissions, and performance monitoring.
- Possess an understanding of restricted-use data.
- Comfortable with installing, configuring, and upgrading Windows and Mac applications, peripherals, and mobile devices.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.