Sr. IT Systems Engineer
We have a contractor assignment for a proven Systems engineer to Operate in fast paced environment applying infrastructure configuration automation using Puppet to configure virtual servers that host distributed, web-based applications. Contractor will work as a member of a scrum/agile team following agile procedures and team norms. They must be able to design, configure and support server-based run-time environments for distributed applications. Experience with developing automated server configuration solutions using PowerShell or similar command-line and scripting frameworks is required.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $49 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Required skills:
- Systems engineering for Windows 2008/12/16 servers in a highly-virtualized production environment.
- Windows Internet Information Server (IIS) administration
- Sound working knowledge of information security (LDAP, RBAC, digital certificates), internet authentication protocols and network concepts (load balancing/failover, DNS, FTP, SMTP)
- Infrastructure configuration automation experience using one or more common industry tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, or others.
- Hands on PowerShell scripting experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge of IT operations, such as operating systems components, utilities, production schedulers and system environment hardware components (e.g., CPU, disk and tape technologies)
- In-depth knowledge of software development concepts
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem-solving skills
- Advanced time management and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Habitual thorough documentation of system configurations, computer program logic, and task procedures Preferred skills:
- Cloud services and technology support
- Java/Linux/Oracle infrastructure support
- Application development background
- Knowledge of Lean principles and their application to software development practices
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.