job summary: Summary:
- Candidate must possess an advanced graduate degree in Engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science, actuarial science, economics or related technical field.
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 73 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Strong background in machine learning, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, statistics, or probability at the graduate school level or higher, as well as experience creating predictive analytics with noisy data. Background in text analytics, news aggregation and natural language processing.
- 1-2 years of experience and knowledge in the field of quantitative research and the specialized area of financial engineering, data science, or risk analytics as it relates to the securities industry. Knowledge of predictive model development and oversight.
- Experience with and ability to work with data including rapid prototyping and coding skills using common data scientist tools (e.g., Python/R, Plotly, Shiny, Presto, Tensorflow, Keras, pyTorch)
- Strong knowledge of advanced statistical methods, Bayesian learning techniques, pattern recognition and outlier detection algorithms, and predictive modeling methods including decision trees and random forest approaches.
- Knowledge of financial engineering to develop, maintain and/or validate models used for forecasting, valuation, instrument and strategy selection, portfolio construction, and risk management covering a wide range of financial instruments, including equities, fixed income, currencies, futures, commodities, and/or derivatives.
- Proficient communication skills both orally and in writing with stakeholders of varying analytics skill and knowledge levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.