IT Systems Engineer Lead. We have a contractor assignment for a proven Systems engineer lead to Operate in fast paced environment where they will adhere to Network requirements within the skill expected.
*Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study and minimum of six years working with operating system hardware and/or software components in designing and scripting infrastructure solutions.
*In lieu of degree, minimum of eight years related experience working with operating system hardware and/or software components in designing and scripting infrastructure solutions.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $54 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Required skills:
Application Delivery experience using F5 BigIP products:
- Experience managing, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting F5 BigIP LTM and DNS (GTM), and iRules.
- Works with application teams to recommend and configure optimal TCP settings, persistence, and load balancing methods.
- Understands application deployment models and terminology, webserver (IIS/Apache or similar) basics, including terminology and basic configuration.
- Extremely strong understanding of Layers 4-7 of the OSI model.
- HTTP protocol - using HTTP analysis tools (HTTPWatch, Fiddler, browser developer's tools, or similar) to diagnose application, proxy, browser and caching behavior.
- Understands Layer 2-3 networking principles required to enable load balancing including routing, interface, VLANs, and media types.
- Network Analysis - Ability to use network traces to analyze and diagnose application and network problems and behavior. Includes expertise in TCP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with Wireshark, tcpdump preferred.
- Understanding of SSL/TLS protocol, use of certificates, certificate fields and authority paths.
- Experience using scripting languages, Python preferred
Experience managing corporate DNS infrastructure utilizing Infoblox NiOS software, or similar.
- Experience with Infoblox DNS appliances and NiOS software.
- strong understanding of DNS fundamentals - terminology, resolution path, record types, zone transfers, zone delegations. Understanding of DNS protocol and is able to troubleshoot DNS-related issues.
- DHCP - understanding the service and the use and configuration of DHCP options. Preferred skills:
- Basic of knowledge of Splunk.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- F5 BigIP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.