job summary: Summary:
- The Application Performance Management (APM)/Business Process Monitoring (BPM) Systems Engineer will report to the Senior Systems Engineer and will be responsible for assigned tasks related to the design, testing, integration, and operation and maintenance of the MicroFocus software-based network and application monitoring solutions.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Participates in all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
- Identifies and documents customer requirements.
- Participates in analysis, design, and development of recommendations for high availability network and application monitoring solutions based on customer requirements, federal security requirements, and industry best business practices.
- Configures and streamlines the APM/BPM tool(s) to meet customer requirements, including monitoring both cloud and non-cloud hosted systems.
- Integrate APM/BPM tool(s) with MicroFocus Operations Manager, Business Value Dashboard, and other MicroFocus tools.
- SiteScope experience is desired.
- Provides expert advice on event correlation, writing rules to interpret and read the data to identify specific issues identified and send the appropriate notifications.
- Identifies potential problems and recommends solutions through risk-based analysis.
- Provides technical and system administration documentation.
- Provides operation and maintenance, such as software updates, change management, availability monitoring, backups, and advanced rules/alerts based on specific events.
- Evaluates new and updated products, features, and capabilities to recommend upgrade paths that integrate with the customer?s current environment and offer a tangible benefit to the customer
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in related field, equivalent technical certification, or at least 4 years of additional experience.
- Ability to track action items, develop metrics, and develop/track risk mitigation plans.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment for the successful achievement of goals and objectives.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to receive and provide information with clarity, courtesy, and tact.
- Demonstrate strong initiative, detail-oriented organizational skills, and an aptitude for analytical thinking
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a commitment to teamwork and an eye for detail
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.