job summary: Position Justification
- Building out Raleigh clinical applications teams to create a clinical decision support (CDS) Authoring Platform to optimize CDS applications development. This is one of four critical positions needed to lead teams enhancing clinical application development.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 62.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Leads the development team responsible for the execution of the CDS applications on the Authoring Platform, including the creation of a performant and scalable execution engine. You will work with the Authoring Platform Runtime Product Manager, and other product managers and product owners, to execute product development.
- Working with the UX team to understand the customers needs and requirements
- Interpreting those needs and requirements for your development team
- Refining the development team?s backlog
- Decomposing features into user stories
- Defining acceptance criteria for user stories
- Accepting user stories as they are completed
- Providing explanations and information to others on difficult issues.
- Coaching, and providing feedback and guidance to others.
- Acting as a resource for others with less experience.
qualifications: Job Qualifications
- Five years experience as an Agile leader, possessing a high level of analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with customers/users, developers, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Clinical Decision Support systems' principles and issues
skills: A solid understanding of:
- The different clinical authoring languages (especially CQL), and the requirements for the efficient execution of applications built on these languages.
- The relationship between clinical applications and the application development pipeline - including modern DevOps for continuous development, integration, deployment and release
- Content as a service, restful web services, FHIR, CDS services and all of the supporting infrastructure required to deliver usable, valuable and viable solutions that medical providers will trust
- The different types of databases, including graph databases, as well as the various CDS application structures (e.g. trees, inclusion/exclusion criteria, DMN tables), and the impact these have on execution
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.