PM-Scrum Master Senior
Our Major Financial Client is seeking a Senior Scrum Master who will be responsible for working directly with a team across the company implementing the Client's Agile Methodology.
This position requires an experienced ScrumMaster with a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with Agile Methods, including Scrum and preferably IBM's Disciplined Agile Delivery. This individual will be responsible for facilitating the Client's Agile Methodology, practices and ceremonies.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $65.99 - 68.75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
When engaging with an Agile Project, the Scrum Master has three overall goals in addition to removing team impediments and facilitating Agile practices:
- Facilitate the creation of a self-organized, self-managed team that can identify and deliver the work that can be completed in a time-boxed Iteration
- Training, or support the Agile Coaches training, of the team on the Client's Agile methodology, processes and controls
- Ensure the project team adheres to the Client's Agile Project controls
- Minimum of Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Agile Certified Scrum Master (PMI-ACP) required
- Five or more years of direct experience in one or more aspects of Information Technology (Software design/ development, IT Architecture or other related IT areas)
- Two or more years of explicit experience as an Agile Scrum Master of an Agile delivery team, preferably in a variety of situations including large organizations
skills: - Effective facilitation skills
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous, fast paced environment where priorities shift rapidly
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify win-win solutions
- Effective influence, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Hands-on VersionOne tool experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.