job summary: POSITION OVERVIEW ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Database Administrator Sr/Ld performs administration duties for database infrastructure supporting enterprise business applications. This will include design, development, implementation, documentation, and optimization of an assortment of solutions primarily within the Microsoft suite of technologies. The Database Administrator Sr/Ld will also be working on system migrations and ETL processes that move data between our systems and our partners. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications: Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- Five (5) years of experience in database design, development, maintenance, administration and support which includes experience working as a SQL Server DBA. Experience working with SQL Server versions 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019 in an administrator role
OR Combined education and experience qualifications:
- 8 years combined education and experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience with virtual environments (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Experience installing, patching and upgrading SQL Server databases
- Experience with high availability technologies such as log shipping, mirroring, clustering and AlwaysOn
- The concepts of normalization and referential integrity
- Writing automation scripts, functions and packages for administration and application support
- The basic indexing concepts, such as the difference between clustered/non-clustered
Our Preferred Candidate has:
- Solve complex system and database environment issues
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- Two (2) years' experience with Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, and structuring data for Business Intelligence
(This is not an all-inclusive list of all job duties that may be required; employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned. List in order of importance)
- Responsible for installing and maintaining instances of SQL Server. Areas of focus would be on performance tuning servers/databases, enterprise database security, backups/restores, disaster recovery and testing of them, automation of alerts and standard maintenance tasks.
- Identifies areas that require performance tuning within databases and coordinate with partners to recommend and implement changes. Tuning should occur on both the server/database configuration level as well as code level recommendations such as stored procedures, indexes and views.
- Documents current database environment including servers, licensing, security, capacity planning, backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Maintains current knowledge of database technology.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak clearly and hear; see details of objects that are less than a few feet away; sit for long periods of time; stand, walk, use hands to finger handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally push, pull or lift up to 20 pounds.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Written and verbal communication
- strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowing the difference between DML and DDL
- Knowing what a query plan is and how to review one
- Knowing the purpose of primary, foreign, and unique keys
- Installing, configuring SQL Server services: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Creating cubes, packages and reports using the above technologies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.