We are seeking applicants that are detail oriented and possess a personal drive to excel in today's competitive IT market. We have an immediate need for Desktop Support Technicians who possess a minimum of 2-3 years professional work experience within an enterprise level environment. Requires PC deployment experience, including desktop virtualization, combined with excellent customer service skills.
location: Tallahassee, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $9.99 - 9,999,999.99 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
IT/ Desktop Support Technician
- Responsible for Deployment and Testing of VDI devices
- Provides hardware/desktop support through technical support and problem solving assistance to users, including remote users, and field offices.
- Installs, configures and provides user support of owned computers and peripheral equipment to include software installation and upgrades, and advanced technical support within specified time frame.
- Installs and performs repairs or replacement to hardware, software and peripheral equipment following specifications.
- Confers with staff, users and management to determine requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Refers major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or management for escalation of support.
- Assist in testing and monitoring software, hardware and peripheral equipment to evaluate use, effectiveness and adequacy of product for user.
Ability to provide support to computer hardware, operating systems, networking, MS Office Suite applications and information technology systems in general.
Skilled in installing, repairing and replacing information technology systems hardware, and peripherals.
Ability to utilize remote control applications.
Knowledge of the principles that promote effective quality control.
Ability to provide technical and instructional assistance with owned computers and application users.
Ability to define and analyze end user's needs, and provide recommendation that satisfy the needs.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
skills: Ability to read, understand and comply with IT policies, procedures, guidelines and best practices relating to industry standards.
Strong time management and communication skills
Ability to adapt and prioritize work independently in a dynamic environment
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
Experience with ITSM tools such as Remedy, Cherwell, Service Now, Service Manager, or equivalent required.
High School or Vocational School diploma or equivalent and minimum of 2 years of work experience involving the installation, maintenance and technical support of workstation hardware; or
2 years of experience providing customer service and technical support with Microsoft Office 365, Windows 7 or Windows OS; applicants with SCCM experience will be preferred
Technical certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, MCP, and MCDST may be substituted for 1 year of experience
Experience in ITIL practices and service management is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.