job summary: Position Purpose
The Software Applications Administrator will be responsible for managing and administration of multiple Bank software systems including the core system, online banking, online account opening and other operational platforms. This position must provide superior customer service and support in accordance with the Bank's core values.
location: Norwood, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned as required.
- Manage the administration and setup of the Bank's suite of software applications, including critical platforms like the core, online banking, and others.
- Manage software upgrades and changes, coordinate installs with the outsourced IT vendors, and coordinate testing with end users. Deploy new versions of the operating system.
- Oversee the Bank's change management initiatives to ensure critical software changes are documented, tested, and rolled out efficiently. Establish communication lines with Bank departments to ensure key stakeholders are involved.
- Manage system downtime or issues with software vendors; communicate occurrences and resolution timelines to end users
- Assist with maintaining the core systems' parameters including the testing and setup of new products.
- Manage the onboarding of new software within then Bank's technology infrastructure which may include setting parameters, defining users' permission levels, and communicating to affected Bank staff.
- Participate in audit activities and audit remediation plans under the guidance of the IT Director.
- Under the direction of the Bank's business unit managers, research and recommend software technologies and software efficiencies that enable Bank systems to better integrate and communicate with one another.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all Bank lines of business to achieve operational enhancements and appropriate development and changes to technology policies and procedures.
- Oversee disaster recovery planning including testing with the core and other system vendors.
- Perform vendor due diligence and risk assessments for new and existing IT vendors.
- Create and schedule reports through the Bank's report writing systems.
- Develop and maintain access to the Bank systems' knowledgebase
- Coordinate configuration of network and virtual servers with third party service providers.
- Manage the employee onboarding process as it relates to technology ensuring new users are setup with required access to Bank systems and coordinate training across all necessary bank applications.
- Manage the employee exit process ensuring access is removed timely when users leave the bank.
- Assist IT Director with budgeting of technology expenses.
- Attend job-related meetings, seminars, and training sessions as required.
- Adhere to legal and procedural requirements of duties.
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank's Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Be flexible for work scheduling, including overtime, evenings, and weekends as required.
- Serve as backup for designated functions in the Department as required.
- Adhere to all Bank policies and procedures as outlined in the Bank's Employee Guidelines.
- Perform other duties both related and unrelated to the above may be assigned and therefore required.
qualifications: Required Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years of prior operational banking experience required.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and Bank policies and procedures.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as Internet Navigation, Adobe, and Blackberry Email, Vmware.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with outsourced environment Fiserv Premier, Online Banking, WireXchange, Director/ Depcon, ProfitStars, Encompass, Bottomline, FedLine, Abrigo BAM+ and other auxiliary applications.
- Excellent time management skills to complete daily requirements of the position while responding to situations requiring immediate attention, along with ability to multitask and remain focused at all times.
- Integrity and trust
- Focused on delivering results, superior support, and quality of work
- Time and Project Management
- Risk Management
- Comfortable with constant change
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Stay current in the field of information technology within the banking industry and regulatory developments.
- Ability to interact effectively with management and staff.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.