...seeking candidates that are go-getters that work independently. But, we also have a strong team dynamic. We're looking for dedicated, hard-working software developers with a passion for using modeling and simulation technologies to develop state-of-the-art 3D training applications.
location: Orlando, Florida
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
You will be a key member of a team that is solving real-world problems for military customers. You will work in an agile team environment on several Research and Development (R&D) projects to develop tools, applications, and processes to support serious games and other 3D simulations. You will serve multiple projects simultaneously, so agility, focus, and communication skills are a must. You must be able to use your knowledge of computer science concepts to solve problems.
- Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline, such as Computer Engineering, Physics, Math, Electrical Engineering, etc. Note: If degree isn't in Computer Science, experience using and knowledge of computer science concepts must be clearly demonstrated
- Equivalent professional experience (6+ years) will be considered for talented candidates without degree
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for using knowledge and skills to solve problems and produce high-quality work
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Ability to quickly understand existing code and enhance and build on an existing architecture
- Strong math skills and solid understanding of algorithm design and optimization
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously as well as with large and small teams of programmers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- C++ knowledge and skills
- Experience developing training simulations, 3D environments, or serious games
- Experience using modeling and simulation techniques
- Experience on mobile platform development (IOS, Android)
- Specialization in one or more of the following areas: UI, Tools Development, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Physics, Graphics, Networking, Math
- Unreal Engine or Unity programming skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.