job summary: Summary: Sr Tableau Developer Responsibilities:
- Serve as an integral member of the team responsible for the following:
- Build comprehensive dashboards and reports using Tableau Desktop
- Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Research and identify needs, goals, and business models by collaborating with the end users, stakeholders and support partners
- Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance
- Review, assess current state and identify improvement opportunities and best practice recommendations
- Define, establish and lead effective routines and reporting mechanisms to drive the maturation of service operations
qualifications: Required Skills:
- Proven advanced skill and experience with Tableau development and administration with version 2019+
- Proficient with querying languages, such as ANSI-SQL, T-SQL
- Candidates must have 5+ years of Business Intelligence experience.
- Considerable BI development experience / background
- Problem solving / troubleshooting experience /skills to assist Production Support in issue resolution
- Proven ability to independently champion business intelligence principles with business owners, application owners, data analysts and DBAs
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (must be able to interface with both technical and business leaders in the organization)
- Excellent requirements gathering skills
- Ability to be a self-starter that can provide leadership
- Comprehensive understanding of the Agile Development process
- Ability to provide data visualization solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
skills: Desired Skills:
Years of experience required: Top 3 required IT/Technical skill-sets:
- Experience with industry BI/Reporting toolsets including Tableau, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Power BI, SSRS.
- Experience with connecting to Hadoop, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Netezza, Teradata, and SQL databases .
- Experience with Financial services data .
- Experience with Fortune 100 size companies
- Tableau Desktop Software
- Data Modeling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.