job summary: Summary
- The Global Risk Analytics Technology team is looking for a talented software engineer to help further develop and support an Apache Spark based distributed analytics and data science platform. The platform is a key enabler for our risk organization and is being built to provide model development, deployment and execution-at-scale capabilities.
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- We are a diverse and collaborative team of engineers and take pride in our craft and deliver expertly engineered code. We enjoy grooming and mentoring team members with the shared goal of building a best-in-class system. As a member of this team, you will be exposed to a variety of new technologies and the software you write will be used by analysts across the globe, run on large grids (30,000 cores) and deal with large amounts of data (multiple terabytes).
- Work on developing horizontally scalable components within the strategic platform being built by the team
- Write reusable and extendable code and become a key contributor of the core platform
- Become subject matter expert on code deployed on our platform
- Consistently work to make our software simpler
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve
skills: Desired Skills:
- Experience with functional or object-oriented programming languages (one or more of Python, Java, Scala, C++)
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with databases (relational/document/etc.) including NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a passion for learning and problem solving
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Math
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.