Azure Cloud Engineer #5695
Azure Cloud Engineer (Operations)
As a cloud engineer, you will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex virtualization and cloud-based computing environment in Azure. In addition, you will contribute technical knowledge and experience within the team and, when called upon, serve as a technical liaison between internal departments.
location: Campbell, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This will involve utilizing best practices for the management, architecture, configuration, DR, administration, and automation of the enterprise server virtualization environment with cloud technologies. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments, which will be critical to growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals across the business.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new technologies, keeps current with trends in the Cloud and Infrastructure space, while always searching for ways to improve our systems as technology evolves, with a steady eye towards the extensive regulatory/compliance demands on our company (e.g. CIS, NIST, etc) .
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for Azure cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture and IaaS, as well as PaaS and SaaS solutions such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Data Warehouse, etc.
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures.
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and container management systems.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex cloud computing environment in Azure
- Design, configure, implement and support an automated workflow for cloud and virtual environment provisioning
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
- Perform cloud computing and virtual environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support
- Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes.
- Design, develop, and build the business's cloud infrastructure architecture.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams which are distributed across the US.
- Strong hands-on experience scripting/development skills in Powershell, Python, Java, etc. in a corporate environment
- Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as servers, operating systems, networks, and storage
- Hands-on experience with: Azure DevOps and Pipelines, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, Kubernetes, Github, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability
- Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process
- Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure
skills: - Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 5 or more years experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized servers / cloud systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.