Cybersecurity Analyst #392
Cybersecurity Analyst focused on detection case evaluation and definition
The primary function of this job will be to determine detection requirements for data sources being on-boarded to the SIEM, and assessing the value of in place SIEM detection cases, in order to determine gaps and overlap in the overall detection scheme. This position is a 6 month contract, but has the potential to convert to a FTE for the right person.
location: Holmdel, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
A successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience, and they will have hands-on experience, across a large variety of security technologies. They will also have demonstrable experience defining detection or protection schemes based on industry standards and frameworks.
- Real world experience with the following security technologies
o Endpoint Detection and Response
o Data Loss Prevention
- Real world experience leveraging data from security technologies and referential data sources to define security detection requirements, including detections which correlate data across multiple data sources.
- Must, at a minimum, possess the ability to interpret code in the support of detection case development.
skills: Preferred experience:
- Proven experience performing cyber analysis, threat hunting, or incident response
- Proven experience with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Experience with Splunk Machine Learning module
Background, experience, or attestable research in data analytics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.