job summary: Summary:
- Strong project management and experience in both Waterfall, iterative, and Agile methodologies
- Work in client facing, fast pace, and high pressure job.
- Ensure co-ordination with Scrum team and product owner on a daily basis throughout the sprint through clear and concise product backlog management
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 78 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Hands-on or working experience with Agile tools like JIRA, Confluence, Horizon, Riley etc...
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is desirable (Not must)
- Facilitate daily scrum, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Expert in estimation and planning. Knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for long and short term software development projects.
- Effective at team capacity planning leveraging evidence and reliable sources.
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices; Coach individuals, and interactions, over processes, and tools
- Coach the development team towards self-organization and cross-functionality in complex organizational environments in which Scrum and Agile are not yet fully adopted and understood
- Ability to track and remove impediments
- Should be passionate about championing the product delivery and team effectiveness
- Minimum Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of overall IT experience.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in one or more flavors of Agile (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, Lean), - SAFE Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is desirable
- 2-3+ years with end to end IT Project Management, Program Management, Portfolio Management solutions
- Experience and understanding of backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity and task definition.
- Proficiency in processes, tools, and applications commonly used in Information systems development and project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to formally communicate and report to senior management
- Financial Industry experience a plus (AML, Economic sanctions domain experience will be an advantage)
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated to work in a dynamic set up
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment assimilating large amounts of information quickly.
- Desire to take ownership and run the show end to end
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.