Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Tech Solutions Architect
to join their growing team. This is an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
The IT Technical Solutions Architect will work within a project along with the Project Manager to exercise end-to-end accountability for the solution to ensure quality project outcomes and that the system that is built meets the business needs and achieves the intended business value. They are accountable for the overall architecture and design of the solution across a limited number of applications or domains and are assigned to projects/initiatives of medium size, complexity and risk. They provide broad cross-functional expertise to assist with problem resolution. The IT Technical Solutions Architect serves the company as an advisor on best practices and is responsible for designing and effectively implementing strategies, architectures and solutions in alignment with CTO office guidelines. The IT Technical Solutions Architect develops actionable blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure information technology architecture is consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business. The position facilitates design and implementation of flexible, scalable and cost-effective solutions. Essential functions:
- Responsible for development and implementation of cross-functional application design strategy, architecture and platforms to ensure solutions are optimized for flexibility, scalability, security and performance.
- Responsible for making software solutions more understandable and manageable by providing unifying and simplifying concepts including better work partitioning with decreased and/or more manageable dependencies.
- Accountable for adhering to corporate architecture standards, ensuring technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and contributing to corporate architecture strategy-setting.
- Accountable for shepherding the design solution all the way through coding, testing and into production, including resolution of post-production issues.
- Participates in governance processes of new technologies and solutions to ensure consistent technology life cycle management.
- Participates in formulating solution estimates and working planning including determining appropriate task sequencing and identification of technical skill sets required.
- Builds consensus around principles of application architecture and interprets and clarifies these principles.
- Participates on project teams contributing input with regard to technology vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.
- Develops conceptual, logical and physical application process and architecture, working closely with other Architects as needed.
- Maintains operational, architectural and design documentation including procedures, task lists, and architecture blueprints.
- Evaluates strengths and flaws in application architecture including performance, quality, availability, simplicity of design, security and total cost of ownership.
- Facilitates project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with IT and business area partners and provides consultation to the BRM and business teams.
- Troubleshoots, recommends and executes action plans for issue resolution.
- Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects.
- Participates in issues resolution by removing barriers and driving development teams toward a solution.
- Continually works to enhance breadth and depth of knowledge and experience. Benchmarks technology strategies and architectures. Monitors and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs. Prepares benchmarking reports and presentations.
- Promotes implementation of new technology, solutions and methods to improve business processes, efficiency, effectiveness and value delivered to customers.
- Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating gradually complex architectural designs.
- Proficiency in consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation and facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Mastery of a variety of hardware platforms including mainframes, distributed platforms, desktops, and mobile devices.
- Experience and understanding of a variety of operating systems.
- A broad and deep understanding of databases.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think beyond established standards and processes.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology solutions and trends including security and regulatory industry requirements.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills related to implementing architecture and design.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of development practices of application technologies.
- In-depth business process knowledge of two or more key business functional areas.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
- Health care industry related experience.
- Experience using Agile methodology.
- 5+ years of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience in Technology application design and development
- 2-5 years of work experience designing systems/applications architecture on progressively complex IT projects.
- 5-10 years of Web Development Background - Business Processing, Breadth of Knowledge in migration projects, and comfortable as an architect
- Related Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience
skills: Tech Solutions Architect
Technology Application Design and Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.