Sr. Design Researcher - New Ventures
- Make recommendations for appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating in-field research and post-research reviews through analysis.
- Assist in strategy creation from qualitative research projects - including, but not limited to: in person moderated interviews, remote moderated & unmoderated interviews, surveys, concept testing, online & in-store intercepts, ethnographies, shopalongs.
- Execute on strategies based on analysis of research findings -
- Contribute to ongoing research library
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- 5+ years of experience practicing UX design research or 6 years' of relevant consumer research experience or graduate degree in relevant field.
- Preferably 4-year degree in Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, or related field
- Moderating and presenting to groups to discover research insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience running, recruiting, moderating and analysis of online panels
- Experience in Lean UX Research methods, including remote moderated & unmoderated testing, online & in-context (store) intercepts.
- Understanding of accessibility user testing using assistive technologies.
- Experience with video editing software.
- Experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Outlook, Word and other MS Office software.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- UX design research
- consumer research
- Lean UX Research
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.