Randstad Technologies is looking for a DBA DBA for a contract to perm opportunity with our healthcare insurance client in Washington, DC!
The ideal DB2 DBA will have experience working on a DB2 UDB experience in an AIX environment. This role requires a 24x7 environment and requires night and weekend work.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 72 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
1. Provide day-to-day database support for misson critical applications on DB2 DPF (Database Partitioning Feature) and DB2 HADR (High Availability Disaster Recovery) databases. Rotating 24x7 on-call support responsibility
2. Manage and monitor DB2 HA (High Availability) infrastructure and TSA (Tivoli System Automation) to ensure 24 x7 system availability
3. Design and implement DB2 management functions such as system backup, database reorganization, runstats, etc for HA environment and to maximize system availability and use.
4. Conduct performance tuning and optimization work on multiple DB2 databases tuning SQL and database structures for optimal performance and system throughput.
5. Analyze performance issues and troubleshoot hardware, storage, network and workload for optimization.
6. Install, configure, and manage the full DB2 software stack on AIX environment for HA and maximum performance.
7. Partner with project teams and interact with customers to identify technical solutions for projects and operational issues
8. Provide support for data replication between production site and disaster recovery site
9. Ensure stability of both infrastructure and software stack
10. Provide support for performance testing sytem optimization
11. Work with product vendors (e.g., IBM and EMC) for troubleshooting and collecting traces for enhanced vendor support
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, including 5-10 years of hands-on DB2 UDB experience in an AIX environment
2. Experience installing DB2 and applying DB2 Fixpack upgrades on AIX High Availability (HA) systems (both DPF and non-DPF)
3. Configure, tune and maintain HA using Tivoli System Automation (TSA)/High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) for database failover and failback support
4. Experience in DB2 SQL performance tuning using tools such as db2advis, db2expln, db2batch, db2exfmt and DSM
5. Configure DB2 Workload Manager (WLM) for load balancing and tuning different workloads (on-line transaction, ad-hoc querry, and batch)
6. Install and set up Q-Replication between databases, MQSeries and handle subscription changes.
7. Configure DB2 backup clients with Tivoli Service Manager (TSM) and EMC DataDomain Boost (DDBoost) for point-in-time backup recovery.
8. Experience with flashcopy/snapshot functionality for database cloning and backup
9. Working knowledge of Federation, MultiDimensional Clustering (MDC) and Materialized Query Tables (MQT).
10. Experience with IBM DB2 troubleshooting tools including, but not limited to, db2pd, db2diag, db2inspect, db2dart, db2top, and Data Server Manager (DSM)
11. Experiencewith DB2 data movement and copy utilities such as load/import/export/High Performance Unload (HPU)
12. Ability to write and troubleshoot DB2 shell/korn/perl scripts for automation
13. Working knowledge of scheduling tools such as Control-M and Crontab
14. Experience with database archiving tools such as Optim Data Growth (ODG) preferred
15. Understanding of DB2 BLU and knowledge of when BLU data structures are appropriate for implementation
16. Prior experience supporting Ab Initio, Cognos, HTTP server and Websphere applications.
17. Ability to review and troubleshoot SQL scripts to identify and address performance issues.
DB2 10.5/11 LUW Advanced Server Edition, DB2 Extended Enterprise Edition/Database Partitioning Feature(DPF).
AIX 6.1/7.1, Linux, TSM, TSA, Q-Replication, EMC DDBoost, DataDomain, DSM, shell/Perl Scripting, Websphere application Cognos, Sharepoint, Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.