job summary: Summary:
- Spark Developer to work in one or more than one projects in the hadoop data lake, including technical deliverables as per business needs.
- Work closely with project managers, Tech managers to Develop integrated technical applications in data lake platform, from conceptualization and project planning to the post-implementation support level.
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Responsible for developing complete life cycle of a Hadoop project implementation.
- Responsible to develop new re-usable utilities, understand and enhance existing utilities
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field, or equivalent education and related training
- Seven years of experience in data warehousing architectural approaches and minimum 3 years in big data (Cloudera)
- Exposure to and strong working knowledge of distributed systems
- Excellent understanding of client-service models and customer orientation in service delivery
- Ability to grasp the 'big picture' for a solution by considering all potential options in impacted area
- Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies
- Assist in the evaluation of new solutions for integration into the Hadoop Roadmap/Strategy
- Motivate internal and external resources to deliver on project commitments
- The desire to learn new soft and technology skills and the desire to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization
- The ability to work with team mates in a collaborative manner to achieve a mission
- Presentation skills to prepare and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topics
- Previous experience in the financial services industry
- Broad technical experience and good understanding of existing testing/operational processes and an open mind on how to enhance those
- Understanding of industry trends and relevant application technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing analytical environments and business intelligence solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.