Randstad Technologies is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join one our clients in Beaerton, Oregon. You will be part of an a agile team specializing in e-commerce.
If you are a DevOps Engineer who is a self-starter that can solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and collaborate well with team members, we want to hear from you.
In this role you will be responsible for creating and managing VMWare templates, Machine Manage and Deployment in Kubernetes, ELK, GCP and Docker Containers.
location: Beaverton, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
We are a agile team specializing in e-commerce seeking a DevOps Engineer who is a self-starter that can solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and collaborate well with team members. We practice continuous integration and are working towards continuous delivery / deployment. Our site is growing rapidly and we are expanding our team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be heavily involved in the worlds of development, operations and customer support. You will play a key role in the development of new ideas for products and services by facilitating tests that focus on automation and repeatability. Duties may include participating in product brainstorming meetings and identifying possible design flaws until the resulting product is satisfactory. On the operations end, you may contribute to the process by which the product will be produced on a larger scale and determine product distribution to consumers. We are also the Research and Development arm.This provides opportunities to learn new skills and work with new and emerging technologies.
The candidate should have experience and a desire to improve in Kubernetes.
- Manage On Premises and Cloud based Elastic Clusters
- Maintain, Upgrade and Consolidate Elastic Cluster with an end goal of implementin gin a Kubernetes Clusters and Docker Containers within Kubernetes
- Design and implement tools and processes that enable a highly managed, automated, and consistent execution environment
- Assist in website testing and enhancements on an ongoing basis by working with the development and creative teams.
- Implement processes to continue customer growth and simplify manual procedures or automate where that is an option
- Understand the software development life cycle
- Work with DevOps, QA, .Net Engineers and Customer Support to ensure code quality and to be voice of the customer
- Monitor network/application performance utilzing Azure Application Insights to determine benefits that can be obtained
- Be a part of the change management process to review what is pushed to production and when (scheduling)
- Research, recommend, and implement plug-ins to capture key metrics to drive improvements with respect to build failure analysis, code coverage metrics
- Faciltate the transition to a hyper-converged infrasturcture model.
- Knowledge in modern search appliances such as Coveo, Elastic, Solr or other Lucene based search eingines
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience in all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- Understanding of source control and Azure DevOps operations
- Experience working on an e-commerce website
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Windows and Linux networking experience
- Solid attention to detail and documentation skills using Excel, Email and Online Communication
- Experience in requirements identification and solution analysis/testing
- Analytical skills and organizational ability is a must
Additional Consideration will be given to applications who have experience with:
- Microservice and/or event-driven architecture.
- OpenSource Projects
- Containers (Docker, Chef Etc..)
- Kemp Load Balancing
- SQL experience
- AWS Experience
- Google Cloud Platform
- ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- GCP Experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- DevOps (2 years of experience is required)
- Docker (2 years of experience is required)
- Kubernetes (2 years of experience is preferred)
- AWS (2 years of experience is required)
- Cloud (2 years of experience is required)
- CI/CD (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.