Partnering closely with Engineering Services as well as IT Security, the Systems Engineer is responsible for configuring, maintaining, and improving GCC (Government Community Cloud)/regulated enterprise IT systems including, Office 365, Identity & Access Management (including Active Directory and Azure AD), Virtual Application and Desktop Infrastructure, Netscaler/ADC, and the Endpoint Detection and Response system.
The GCC System Engineer will work across IT teams and in partnership with MSPs to deliver best practices for on-premises and (AWS-) cloud-based solutions for employees, contractors, vendors and guests within a regulated environment.
location: Carpinteria, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, implements, and supports Collaboration Services within a regulated environment on O365 GCC High as well as Exchange and other communication-related applications in the O365 suite by implementing policies and governance and establishing/enforcing administration standards and processes in an enterprise setting. This includes supporting mail migration from on prem Exchange into O365 GCC High.
- Provides guided support within a regulated environment for Active Directory, Azure AD, other Identity & Access Management related services, cloud and on-premises VDI infrastructure, NetScaler/ADC infrastructure, Software Configuration and file- and print server infrastructure.
- Assists with Endpoint Detection and Response Management, managing alerts and configuration through various security tools including Splunk and Rapid7, as well as maintaining system Hygiene (identifying, prioritizing and coordinating remediation of security gaps).
- Manages and interacts with vendor (i.e. Microsoft or Amazon) support for regulated environments
qualifications: REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years technical experience with Active Directory, Azure AD and Office 365
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in working in an ITAR compliant environment is highly preferred
skills: PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Experience running large scale O365 and Exchange environments
- Experience leading the implementation of a project from initial scope to implementation with limited supervision
- Experience running cloud-based application services on AWS / Azure
- Microsoft certification
- Knowledge of:
- O365 and Collaboration services e.g. - Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- AD integration, synchronization, and federation with Windows Server OS, Azure AD and Office 365
- O365 GCC High and CMMC, ITAR and SOX controls is highly preferred
- Citrix (virtual Apps & Desktops, Netscaler/ADC) SCCM, Splunk, Rapid7 and CrowdStrike is a plus
- Cloud technologies, especially AWS would be a plus.
- Broad knowledge of information technologies
- Skilled in PowerShell scripting
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Accustomed to work within the ITIL/ITSM framework of Incident, Problem, Change, and release management
- Additional qualities:
- Desire to focus on and please the customer, ability to understand requests from the customer's point of view
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.