Sr. Java Developer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a talented developer with extensive enterprise Java experience, focused in Web Application development. If you have experience using React that is a big plus! If this is something that you're interested in learning more about, please reach out to Randstad today!
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Development & Deployment
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Design application and database components for development projects.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business. Incidental Functions
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Application server maintenance tasks such as: software/hardware upgrades, patching, security configuration, batch process maintenance and migration to new platforms.
- Address internal audit concerns to address Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- J2ee (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.