Provide engineering support in a predominantly Linux environment by providing engineering support for middleware consisting of primarily IBM Websphere MQ but will support IBM WebSphere Application Server, and JBoss Application server as well. Engineering support includes installation, configuration, performance tuning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of middleware platforms. Basic Qualifications
- Management Information Systems (MIS), or a related field.
- At least 5 years experience with either WebSphere Application Server or JBoss Application Server (to include administration, troubleshooting and architecture).
- At least 5 years experience with WebSphere MQ messaging middleware (to include administration, troubleshooting and architecture).
-Ability to use MQ Explorer as well as native MQ command line tools. -Intermediate to expert knowledge of channels, clustering and local queue management.
- Intermediate Unix/Linux skills (command line tools, shell scripting, troubleshooting and networking).
- Ability to manage MQ on Windows Server operating systems as necessary.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills - Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Preferred Qualifications
- 10 years experience with WebSphere Application Server (to include administration, troubleshooting and architecture).
- 9 years experience with WebSphere MQ messaging middleware (to include administration, troubleshooting and architecture).
-Experience architecting solutions with MQ at an application and enterprise level
- IBM Websphere and MQ certifications.
-Experience in securing and hardening MQ infrastructure/
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Industry firewall certification(s)
Linux Certification(s)\Experience: LPIC, RHCSA, RHCE, or equivalent. Demonstrable experience will be considered.
Experience with Python scripting and regular expressions are preferred
Experience with http proxy, NAC, and SIEM
Experience with cloud-based environments such as AWS and Azure.
Experience with networking, networking security and troubleshooting (packet traces)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Websphere Application Server
- Websphere MQ
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.