job summary: Job Summary
Provide network design, implementation, and operational support for Global Network infrastructure. Drive high levels of quality into the network as a reliable foundation for business application infrastructure. Act as internal consultant and assist with implementation of network design standards on various WAN, LAN, Security and Data Center Projects. Make recommendations for compliance and control processes for SOX, PCI, ITIL/Cobit. Contribute to Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning.
location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: JOB DUTIES (In order of importance)
- Understand business model and how Infrastructure & Operations Support directly influences our capabilities to conduct daily business operations.
- Collaborate with Network Support Team and Contact Center Support Team colleagues on best practice solutions
- Collaborate with all other Infrastructure & Operations Support Teams to ensure high systems availability, capacity and expected levels of performance.
- Practice consistent Change Management, Incident Management and Technology Management and in an effective manner
- Utilize standard toolsets such as Servicenew, Solarwinds, OpNet and others to track, monitor, repair, and improve network services.
- Create high quality network documentation and drawings and practice disciplined version control
- Interact with third party network service providers, ensuring consistent delivery of contracted SLA's.
- Contribute to the development of global, enterprise wide, network standards & solutions
- Validate network architecture & plans to meet the short and long term needs of the business
- Continually assess and validate network infrastructure and services to meet Information Security standards
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 10-12 years' experience working in Enterprise Networks, with emphasis on wide area and local area data networks
- Experience in large network environments (more than 10,000 employees) required
- Cisco Network certifications required or extensive training and experience may be considered
- 10 - 12 Years developing and implementing network security enhancements and maintaining security measures deployed in the network space.
- 5-8 years AWS experience deploying and maintaining connectivity (TG, Direct Connect, Security Groups ect)
- WAN/LAN/Firewall/Wireless and Voice communications best practices
- AWS or other cloud services, background in IaaS or AaaS highly desirable
- Network routing protocols and their use in highly redundant environments - Detailed Layer 1 through 7 knowledge
- Traffic flow analysis
- Packet analysis skills
- Flexible with working hours to accommodate standard change windows
- Participates in on call rotations 1-2 weeks per month
- Vendor management skills a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.