job summary: Description:
Client is looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to build green-field projects, delivering new working solutions, in an Agile environment. The right candidate must be creative, willing to learn on your own and work well in a team environment. Responsibilities include:
Tech Anchor (ensures the following is done either by doing or delegating)
- Serve as technology lead for a team of technologist, developers and/or analysts
- Architect, design, develop, document, test new technical products for market sale or internal Client
- Be the go-to technical expert for pod team members
- Stay current regarding technology trends and look ahead to bring "newness" to Charge
- Participate in technology related guilds and solution/architecture reviews for other pods
- Write technical specs based on conceptual design and the vision of the customer
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Familiarity with Agile (e.g., Scrum Process).
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Consult with end-user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Career-Level position within field. Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization.
- The candidate must have the ability to work under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Will lead team of developers.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Deep technical hands-on experience developing in REST/JSON or SOAP/XML,
- Experience developing solutions in AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Docker, or related container-oriented technologies (i.e. Docker Enterprise Edition, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Comfortable implementing continuous integration / continuous delivery process for applications using technologies such as Jenkins and Git.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, including writing and implementing automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Experience with relational databases (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server). Experience with NoSQL databases (i.e. MongoDB) is highly desired.
- Experience implementing and scaling OpenID Connect, OAuth or SAML or similar identity, authorization or authentication protocols/frameworks is desired.
- Experience developing Twelve Factor / Cloud-Native applications.
- Comfortable working in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment where collaboration is crucial. Candidates should have experience, or feel comfortable with, techniques such as pair programming.
- Is a self-starter, who is comfortable independently absorbing and learning new, leading edge technologies.
- Must have experience leading a team of developers in an enterprise-level organization.
- Must have Agile experience. Three Primary Requirements:
1. Any Cloud Technology including Cloud development experience
2. Java developer with Cloud experience (a minimum of 5 year of experience)
3. Front end development experience Education:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Associates Degree with 8-12 years IT Software Developer related experience or High School Diploma/GED with 10 years IT Software Developer experience. Experience:
8-12 years of IT Software Developer experience (in addition to any experience identified above). Technical knowledge usually acquired from an educational institution or through equivalent work experience. Behaviors:
- Have some fun
- Motivate & engage team members
- Trust co-anchor & team members
- Coach & mentor team members
- Empower team members to share ideas & push boundaries
- Provide timely feedback to team members
- Promote & recognize team members
- Over-communicate to keep everyone on the same page
- Squash rumors/innuendo/gossip
- No BCD ? Blame, Complain, Defend
- Inform other anchors of potential impacts to teams
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.