This is a senior/lead level role, so a successful CX PM would have at least 5 years of Project Management experience
(7+ preferred), including enterprise project portfolio management and cross-functional project management.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 100 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Additionally, they should have a minimum 3 years
of reasonably recent experience managing Customer Experience (CX) related projects
, either in-house or for clients ( slight preference for in house). Some industry experience in Healthcare is required,
as well as 3+ years with Digital projects.
This will be a highly visible role, with the opportunity to manage industry-transforming CX digital projects across several areas of the business. Therefore, strong soft skills and leadership skills are necessary.
An ideal candidate would also have some combination of the following:
- PMP Certification
- NPS familiarity
- Six Sigma certification
- Agile/ Scrum experience
- Confluence, Jira, Tableau, Visio, and/or other PM tools (no specific technical requirement)
- Experience with large and highly matrixed organizations
· Coordinate day to day project teamwork streams & project communications across all project teams in the program and in other impacted programs
· Identify & facilitate resolution of issues and risks escalated by project teams. Responsible for risks, key decisions, issue resolution and maintains overall accountability.
· Upon review, Supply approvals and sign-off on deliverables and change requests.
· Facilitate periodic and end of program lessons learned workshop.
· Ensure adherence to project management standards across project teams.
· Facilitate project business cases & estimates.
· Manage full lifecycle (from initial start-up through closing) of projects (including all projects and work streams within it meeting time, cost and scope targets).
· Assist in development of complex project budgets with Business Leaders and Finance.
· Manage budget to actual and burn rates at a program level.
· Ensure integration of projects across the portfolio in conjunction with leadership.
· Responsible for setting and tracking project milestones and coordinates relationships and or performance of any vendors / suppliers.
· Assists subordinate project managers as required.
· Manages and communicates on-going progress, status, risks, & issues to leadership through regular status meetings or project management reporting tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.