Our client in Austin, Tx is looking to fill a Sr. Business Analyst role for a 6 month contract opportunity.
- 5+ years of Business analyst experience
- Experience writing user stories and gathering functional requirements
- Experience with structured process improvement methodology
- Previous experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in an Agile environment (Waterfall and agile preferred)
- Understanding of Workflows, Flowcharts, RACI charts, Diagrams and Mockups, As is to Be, etc.
- Working knowledge of Insurance Industry or other financial services,
location: AUSTIN, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $45 - 55 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Essential Functions: Participates in visioning, strategic planning and reengineering of technology related processes. Produce system and project documentation including but not limited to: business requirements documents (BRD's), functional specifications, user stories, wire frames/mockups, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, workflows, value stream maps, QFD/House of Quality templates, RACI charts, and other process improvement templates. Works to ensure product quality through development of clear, concise acceptance criteria, ensuring that requirements can be tested in quantifiable means, use of acceptance criteria to develop comprehensive test cases, obtaining business approval for the delivery of successfully tested software, and demonstration of the development products to the business and/or facilitation of user acceptance testing. Works closely with customers to identify business objectives and needs, provide guidance for strategic planning and software application vision, elicit business requirements, assist in refining business cases, analyze production issues to facilitate resolution, recommend appropriate business process enhancements, encourage customers to own, define, and validate their own requirements, and communicate and translate technology concerns and recommendations as related to the solution. Works closely with the technology team to recommend technology solutions to appropriately address business needs, communicate and translate business needs to the technology team as related to the solution, create prototypes or mock-ups of business solutions, and collaborate during the entire SDLC. Works closely with the Quality Assurance team to identify and validate comprehensive test scenarios for the solution, create test cases to support the test scenarios, collaborate in early testing of solutions and upgrades, coordinate software testing at all levels, and track, report upon, and work with the team to prioritize defects. Works with the entire team to develop work item scope, project/product vision and scope, identify and mitigate business and technical risks. Acts as a project coordinator to provide feedback to the team- assist in the integration of activities with other teams to ensure successful implementation and support of project/product efforts, and acquire necessary application environments for software development and testing. Conduct and lead cost benefit analysis and other ROI/business case templates. Assists in defining standards, processes, and tools for the business analysis role. Coach and mentor Junior Business Analysts. Fosters teamwork with IT staff through positive communications. Conducts user acceptance testing.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Business Analysis (5 years of experience is required)
- sdlc (1 year of experience is required)
- Agile Methodology (2 years of experience is required)
- user stories (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Insurance Industry Experience
- SQL queries
- Strong business analytic skills
- business requirements
- business analyst
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.