Our commercial enterprise team is seeking a talented and strategic-minded Art Director to join our in-house Design System team and Brand Experience program. We deliver commercial web and mobile application experiences for our B2B customers.
In this role, you'll report to the Brand Experience Strategy lead, and be responsible for translating, applying and modifying the refreshed enterprise brand to our B2B products, collaborating extensively with the Design System and Product Design teams to discuss, conceptualize, mock, and prototype ideas to bring brand definition to our product strategies.
You're a skilled storyteller and holistic thinker with a knack for distilling the complex. Your mindset is grounded in business and creativity, and the articulation of the two within your design solutions. This is a critical supporting role for the right person who is highly organized and accustomed to thinking and working with visual design, brand, and design systems. Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Arts or college-degree equivalent
- Creative and intellectual curiosity, a sense of humor, and commitment to collaboration
- Humble confidence, and grace under pressure
- A sense of excitement about the scale and impact of world-class enterprise work
- 7+ years demonstrated senior visual design, art or and brand direction design experience (with at least 1-2 years design lead experience) with a portfolio demonstrating visual design and branding excellence, as well as proficiency in end-to-end, customer-focused design experiences (portfolio link required)
- Brand expertise: Enjoy solving complex problems, including finding solutions not covered by current standards.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects and micro-systems of brand identity, including typography, iconography, color, illustration, visual language and messaging.
- Project management: Create Confluence documentation for projects and weekly status updates, set up and lead remote work sessions, and create activity or sprint plans
- Be adept in setting up materials for cross-functional and executive reviews - moodboards, style tiles and boards, etc, for presentation and formal review sessions.
- Design maturity: Ability to humbly set your design ego aside, allowing for objective design solutions that are grounded in business and customer experience rationale.
- Design chops: Apply creative vision through all phases of design, including technology
- Collaboration and Critique: Able to receive and give grounded, objective feedback and critique, and be curious and inclusive of others' ideas.
- Software: Expert fluency in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS, and Confluence and Jira.
- Accessibility: Experience designing with AAA compliance standards
- HTML/CSS: Familiarity with front-end mechanics as they apply to responsive design, especially using responsive grid.
- Agile: Experience working with large, cross-functional design and development teams
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65.83 - 74.06 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Art Director and Brand Steward Responsibilities
- Define, guide, and translate consumer-based, enterprise brand standards to commercial-based digital products, creating unified, scalable solutions and standards.
- Take ownership of all roles and responsibilities, keeping individual contributor and Art Director work on track, as well as the work of others you are Art Directing or leading.
- Produce excellent hands-on visual design work: clean, organized file setup, precise brand guidelines, specs, and assets. Ensure successful handoff and delivery to an evolving Style Guide system, and web and mobile application projects.
- Provide consistent and accurate brand governance and art direction to the organization, to small and large products, projects and teams, within a risk environment.
- Push creative standards as required on strategic projects, and align with Brand Experience manager on overarching strategy and vision.
- Provide Design System and Brand evangelism, leadership presence and advocacy on the value of both, within the organization and cross-functional teams.
- Support UX product designers with actionable art direction needed to deliver outstanding work meant to delight and unify our B2B digital product experiences.
- Adhere to established Design System components, standards, guidelines, toolkits, best practices, and AAA accessibility requirements.
- Research requirements, share design strategies, provide testable hypothesis, create testing artifacts for UXR, and use collected feedback and data to drive design solutions.
- Foster collaborative relationships with all teams, align on product vision, strategies and methodologies, and help reinforce a positive, inclusive culture.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- visual design (7 years of experience is required)
- brand identity
- Design System (1 year of experience is required)
- enterprise design experience
- in fintech/banking industries
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.