Our client is looking for a Project Supervisor for a permanant position in Sacramento, CA.
This position will be responsible for the supervision of Client Services team members and the project management of Client Services projects as assigned. The incumbent is a recognized project management expert and is responsible for all aspects of supporting enterprise level projects for the Client Services unit within the Information Technology. This includes but is not limited to: strategic planning, budgeting, level 3 technical escalations, project resource management, customer relationship, portfolio management, technical guidance, client systems planning and implementation, and other special projects as required
This position must have a minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience and/or five (5) years project management experience managing projects varying in size and scope (within the health care industry is highly preferred). This position must have direct experience managing large scale projects. This position must have extensive knowledge and experience with project management methodologies to organize, plan and direct multiple teams in order to meet the project objectives and deliverables. This position will exercise initiative, originality and judgment in applying established principles and practices to new and unusual problems.
This individual must work with full independence and decision-making responsibility under limited direction and act as a lead to all IT Client Services team members as well as the project team members. Incumbent acts as department's liaison with clinical departments, clinics, vendors, clinical engineering, research, education and all other departments throughout the Health System.
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Must have previous experience supervising FTE and/or contract staff.
- Must possess the ability to work independently, set priorities, organize the work of others and meet deadlines.
- Must have previous experience managing large scale technology, infrastructure or facilities related projects.
- Must possess strong ability and experience following project management principles and able to coach and guide team members as needed.
- Possess excellent forecasting and planning skills relating to project timelines, resources and budget requirements.
- Must possess working knowledge of project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) and other MS Office tools.
- Must possess strong ability and experience managing multiple technology projects at the same time.
- Must possess excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to lead direct reports and staff from matrix teams working on projects.
- Must possess working knowledge of hardware, software and desktop applications as it relates to desktops, laptops, thin clients, mobile devices, printers, multi-function devices, scanners, Windows-on-Wheels carts (WOW), etc
- Experience managing projects and staff within a university or health care industry is required.
- Possess the ability and tact to function as a member of the management team.
- Possess the ability to work effectively under pressure with minimal direction.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills - written and oral.
- Possess technical and analytical skills to effectively comprehend complex business problems; and the ability to make timely and thoughtful decisions.
- Has working knowledge of hardware, software and desktop applications as it relates to Desktops, Laptops, Mobile Devices, Printers, Multi-function Devices, Scanners, Carts, etc.
- Possess the ability to collaborate and effectively participate with others - both within and outside of IT.
- Possess excellent knowledge and experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills for interactions with vendors, faculty, staff, and affiliates
- Possess excellent facilitation skills for projects or general round-table discussions.
- Possess strong ability to motivate team members and other associates.
- Possess strong ability to understand business objectives and align the team to meet those objectives.
- strong ability to think strategically and create long term roadmaps and processes for project/ service delivery improvements.
- Possess the ability to hire and coach staff for success, along with making improvement plans and documenting other personnel actions as needed.
- Possess the ability to instill a customer-focused work ethic and culture.
- Must possess strong ability to understand business objectives and align the team to meet those objectives
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills and able to quickly adapt and acquaint with new technologies and processes
- Understanding of team performance monitoring and actions that can be taken to improve or correct individual performance
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Working experience within the healthcare industry is highly preferred
- Skills to ensure proper work delegation along with fair and consistent supervision.
- Experience supporting local information technology hardware and software, including mobile devcies and wireless networking
- Ability to work effectively with clinical, administrative, and executive staff, displaying a courteous and professional attitude at all times
- Ability to collaborate and effectively participate with others, both within and outside of IT
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple terms to customers and staff members
- Ability to research, plan, test, document and resolve technical problems
- Ability to be creative and apply innovative concepts to problem resolution
- Demonstrated excellent skills to perform document and manage problem resolution, escalation and notification policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment to effectively provide technical support and consulting services to clients via telephone, email and in-person
- Ability to professionally give and receive directions, information and knowledge to and from other team members, clients, managers and other , staff, faculty and affiliates
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills for interactions with vendors, faculty, staffand affiliates
- Possess the ability to work effectively with other members of the management team to proactively triage and resolve customer issues.
- Experience supporting IT systems in an enterprise environment consisting of 15,000 or more customers
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Technical Project Manager
- MS Project
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.