job summary: Summary:
- Senior Teradata Application DBA with more than 5 years experience, including Teradata TD16 version or higher:
- Support multiple Teradata systems including independent marts, development/UAT, disaster recovery, security and the enterprise warehouse systems and business applications.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Manage/Monitor Teradata system performance, including workload management, query performance and tuning, physical node behavior, and amp distribution.
- Consult on physical database implementations, PPI, skew analysis, join methods, and data access paths.
- Implement and administer access policies including non-public data masking/encryption policies in conjunction with corporate standards.
- Support some Mainframe administrative functions including archive processing and job scheduling.
- Manage, design, support, and consult on practices of storage management, data movement, archive, restore, and disaster recovery.
- Work closely with Application projects teams on implementation of database changes to support large project initiatives and BAU work.
- Design, code, test, and implement stored procedures and scripts which will automate selected DBA tasks.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned DBA team members or managers.
- Participate in design, development and implementation of complex databases, often using new technologies.
- Advanced working knowledge of Teradata RDBMS at both physical and logical levels.
- Advanced working knowledge of Teradata suite of tools: TDWM, BTEQ, ARCMAIN, FASTEXP, FASTLOAD, MLOAD, TPUMP, TPT, DBQL, SQL Assistant, PDCR, Teradata STUDIO and Teradata Administrator.
- Working knowledge of Mainframe interfaces and execution; TDP, JCL, TSO, ISPF, FICON, NDM.
- Working knowledge of Viewpoint, Teradata Data Mover, DSA, Teradata BAR technology
- Working knowledge of job schedulers: CA-7, AutoSys, etc.
- Familiar with Hadoop and Golden Gate technologies.
- Understanding of LUX operating systems. - Familiar with KSH, BASH, and PERL scripting
- Familiar with Teradata Systems setup, GDO, DBSControl, Multitool, etc.
- Working knowledge of QueryGrid, TARAserver, NPARC, TASM
- Familiar with REXX scripting.
- Familiar with project and change management solutions and automation software, such as Agile, Remedy, Ansible.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.