We're looking for an experienced, passionate UX Researcher to handle multi-faceted application design in a fast paced-environment, high-criticality consumer-facing environment. The ideal candidate loves solving complex interface design and interaction problems, collaborating cross-functionally, and coming up with elegant, powerful solutions. Requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge of an array of user research methodologies
- Ability to frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct research, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Passion for defining and solving problems
- Ability to determine user research needs and review and evaluate user feedback
- Ability to design and conduct usability studies-i.e., identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
- Experience managing communications with users and stakeholders
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience in survey design
- Ability to generate and communicate compelling and actionable insights, both verbally and visually
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and self-motivation
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of cross-functional teams
- Expert understanding of UX methodologies, and ability to select the right tool at the right time from a well-stocked "UX toolbox"
- Adobe CC Suite, Adobe XD/Xfig, Sketch/Zepplin/Invision
- Understanding of both Mobile and Responsive Design.
- 5+ years of experience with UX / UX Research
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Visual Design, or similar field
- Solid understanding of wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, DSM, Zeppelin, Adobe XD and creative suite or other visual tools
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Portfolio demonstrating your expertise and ability to articulate your process
- Positive attitude, collaborative spirit and openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Experience with both mobile and response design
location: GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $49 - 71 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
In this role you will do initial research and analysis and will partner with business stakeholders to define requirements and concepts leveraging user-centered design, you will contribute to new processes and identify product and use requirements that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- wireframes, storyboards
- user flows, process flows
- Sketch, Invision
- mobile and response design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.