Senior Desktop Support Technician
This is amazing opportunity to join an enterprise level organization in a long term position that will go perm. In this position, you will be providing field support to real estate agents in and around the Waltham, MA area.
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Provides hands-on user support by troubleshooting hardware and software problems for desktop and laptop computers.
Configures workstations for new users and upgrades existing equipment and software.
Sets up and maintains network and telecommunication systems.
Troubleshoots LAN, server and connectivity issues.
Utilizes ticketing system, when necessary.
Re-images computers, performs data migrations and restorations, and conducts remote problem solving as needed.
Must possess a working knowledge of hardware components, hardware configurations, and have strong software experience.
Install, configure, and upgrade operating systems and software using current standard business packages.
Install, assemble, and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network, and peripheral equipment; make repairs and corrections where required.
Act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment; implement solutions or notify outsource providers as required such as opening work orders with cable companies.
Make hardware and software acquisition recommendations including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services.
Maintain support request tickets - HEAT System. Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, and installation of software and hardware in the ticketing system.
Identify and deliver required hardware & software service levels according to Company Scope of Work.
Install, configure, test, and troubleshoot sales associates' workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
When required, install, configure, test, and troubleshoot sales associates' software and networking software products.
Years Exp: 5 - 10 in the IT field
Min of 5 years experience in Desktop Support
skills: - Extensive hands on experience installing and maintaining the following: Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8; Microsoft Office; TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Business Cable Modem and SL
- Experience in installing/supporting Cisco switches and routers
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting wired and wireless networks
- Experience with Ivanti, LANDesk, McAfee Enterprise Edition, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
- Experience in virus detection and removal
- Experience in sypware detection and removal
- Be familiar with Windows Deployment Toolkit for Imaging
- Understanding of Real Estate Multiple Listing Services (MLS) Software.
- Equivalent completion of two years college-level coursework in computer science, information technology and/or a related field, and two year's of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience in a support environment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Configuring Wireless Apple and Android Mobile/Handheld Devices.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.