Technical Writer / Project Manager
Technical Writer / Project Manager
- Product Management/Development Product Management employs many writers skilled in various technical fields to lead the development of documentation, including the approval process between our support groups, and the posting of documentation to our Intranet sites, along with its distribution to our field sales groups.
These roles involve more than technical writing, though that is a primary component of the position.
Project Management is also required to be able to manage the process that often requires complex interaction between this individual and the many support organizations and sub groups that exist within the company.
location: Ashburn, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Security Product Management group is currently seeking a professional Technical Writer / Project Manager to join our expanding team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working both with engineers and non-technical people alike, to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer in the technology industry with at least some project management experience, we encourage you to submit an application.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Work extensively with Marketing, Legal, Sourcing, Engineering, Sales and other groups within the company to facilitate the inclusion of accurate and up to date information within the documentation being created or updated
- Learn and follow existing process to execute the next steps, whatever they may be, in the documentation sign off process
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree and a solid focus on Information Technology, Technical Writing, Project Management, English Literature, or Writing in general with a good understanding of technical information.
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and the Google Application Suite. Familiarity with other software and Google Shared Drives is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
Bachelors Degree preferred.
Prior experience as a Technical Writer is required.
Prior experience as Project Manager is preferred but not required.
Will consider past experience that does not exactly match what is being requested as long as there are very good writing skills coupled with a large degree of existing technical knowledge, preferably in the IT security space.
- This is a Weekday, 1st Shift (9am - 5pm) position.
- This is a 100% telecommuting position (the specified site and location below are not applicable). - Travel is not required.
- This is a 40-hour per week position.
Occasional over-time may be approved if required.
- This group works on East Coast time and has staff located worldwide.
Geographically, you can be located anywhere, however if you are outside of the Eastern Time Zone you may have to adjust your daily calendar accordingly.
- You will be provided with all the tools necessary for you to work full-time from home.
skills: Technical Writer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.