Sr. Business Analyst
Our client in Jacksonville FL is looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to join their Information Technology Team. This is a 100 % remote opportunity with a growing and successful company.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The client is looking to fill a Business Analyst position within our Enterprise Applications team. The new associate will be part of a team of data management specialists, data analysts, and ERP engineers as we embark on a robust effort to examine our internal business processes and build a digital strategy for our future process improvements. This role will engage with executives, business unit leaders, and process owners to identify opportunities for improvement, solicit requirements, and lead engagements to implement new solutions. The Analyst must understand the principles of professional services, demonstrate experience in leading process improvement efforts, and have experience using advanced reporting tools such as Power BI or Tableau to build engaging analytics applications. The Business Analyst acts as the intermediary between the business and IT, using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes. The Analyst is a thought leader with operations and Resource Group partners across the firm and helps shape the technology demand and solutions. The Analyst leverages these cross-functional talents to elicit and/or define business requirements; develop, plan, execute and deliver solution projects; and lead the creation, delivery and adoption of business intelligence reports and dashboards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business partners to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements.
- Help de?ne, promote and communicate new solutions to support business needs.
- Interface with vendors to understand whether third-party products will meet business requirements.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and partners to manage implementation projects.
- Maintain knowledge of multiple business activities and initiatives to identify where con?icts and synergies exist between technologies and business functions.
- Manage project resources and tasks to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Assist in the development of metrics used to track value delivery.
- Design, develop and maintain engaging reports, dashboards or interactive analytical tools to help business leaders visualize data in search of actionable information.
- Lead the promotion and adoption of data visualization tools and techniques to empower associates across the firm to understand and utilize data.
- Ability to understand business functionality and translate it into solution requirements and compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations.
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Ability to distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Ability to partner with multiple stakeholders, influence project decisions, troubleshoot problems and resolve conflicts.
- Strong understanding of data analytics and reporting tools market and experience using various toolsets such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Deltek Vision or another ERP system used for financials, project management, customer relations, human resources, or proposals.
- Experience with relational databases and related tools and techniques.
- Experience within the professional services business is a major plus.
- 10+ years of experience required.
- A.S. degree in applicable field required.
skills: Must have AEC experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.