job summary: Overview
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing data team in analyzing our product performance with insights derived from our platform data. In this role, you will work with leadership from the Product and Operations teams to implement and maintain metrics that quantify the functionality of our technology and success of product features.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and have the ability to prioritize issues, work within ambiguity, and manage conflicting deadlines. The candidate should also be creative, data-driven, and aggressive in delivering results.
To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person. Mission:
To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Dive deep into production data to produce, maintain, and curate metrics and reports for Product, Operations, and Member Support teams in order to measure current success, track feature rollouts, and monitor long-term performance of our products
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure there are no gaps in data collection and product instrumentation is properly implemented
- Analyze product technology to identify areas leading to high Member Support agent intervention; develop forecasting and auditing tools to assist Member Support Operations in assessing volume and quality of interventions
- Evaluate the impact of product features against a set of performance metrics and forecast the potential impact of future product enhancements
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to surface key data across a broad range of data literacy levels
- Be a key cross-functional analyst across the Product, Engineering, and Design teams to influence and inform decisions throughout the product life cycle
- Provide analytics across a diverse set of teams and needs to support existing customers, future sales, and strategic business decisions
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses about the product through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Build towards a long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes; prioritize overall strategy of the data team in answering company goals
- Be a data evangelist; collaborate with both technical and non-technical teammates to supplement decisions with quantitative evidence
- Always be auditing: build and maintain processes to track data and troubleshoot errors
- 2+ years of analyst experience on the tech side of a SAAS company or on a comparable high-growth, high-velocity team; you have delivered insights in a technical environment and are comfortable doing so again from Day 1
- Exceptional fluency with SQL; you conquered the join venn diagram long ago and have moved on to explaining Nested Loops vs Hash to your peers on the engineering team
- High level of comfort creating reports and dashboards in Tableau, Looker, or comparable BI tools
- Coding literacy; you've been exposed to procedural or functional programming; familiarity with object-relational mapping or model-view-controller frameworks is a plus
- Data-driven, detail-oriented individual with excellent storytelling and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; you have the ability to technical data in a digestible format to stakeholders of all technical literacy levels
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Superb time management, prioritization of tasks and ability to meet deadlines with little supervisio
skills: Product performance experience, SQL and programming language experience.
Bachelors Degree Required
More data science and less data engineering. Data storytelling passion. Build out solutions and scalable products, python, C++, Java and SQL, Bash is not a must.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.