Randstad Technologies is looking for a Azure Cloud Engineer for a long term contract in Jacksonville, FL.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This person will work on the Cloud Operations team. Building, creating, monitoring resources, role based security, permissions. Assist in subscription migrations, virtual network migrations, etc. Also assist on other devops projects as needed.
- Software Engineer with a passion for DevOps.
- Experience with one or more public cloud providers like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, and Alibaba Cloud.
- Experience with Linux-based systems, administration, scripting, and automation frameworks - Ubuntu, CentOS, bash, python, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience delivering cloud services and distributed systems including deployment, monitoring, scaling, and debugging.
- Exposure and usage to container scheduling, management, deployments, and security using Kubernetes, Ambassador, Istio, SOPS, Rancher, Helm, or similar solutions.
- Understands the importance of observability and how to enable it using tools such as Datadog, NewRelic, Splunk, ELK, Prometheus, and Jaeger.
- Similar understanding of Windows-based environments - C#/.NET, IIS, and PowerShell.
- Designed and implemented cloud-based systems for global availability which include chaos engineering.
- Familiarity with database and messaging bus systems, and object storage technologies (including global data replication) - Kafka, VerneMQ, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Experience building SaaS solutions at scale using technologies and concepts such as CDN, messaging, caching, batching, rate-limiting, GTM/GSLB.
- Serve as SME and design lead on project teams solving real-world problems in architecture, cloud resiliency and deployment at scale.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of combined industry experience in software development and operations engineering.
- 5+ years of experience working in Azure role in public and/or private cloud environments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.