Randstad Technologies is looking for a Systems Engineer III to help contribute to an integrated team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers to develop solutions that includes a background in all aspects of the systems engineering life cycle. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Full cycle systems engineering of new capabilities
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Analyze high-level needs
- Capability and requirement derivation based on customer needs
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Define structured and logical approaches to refine the capability into an integrated set of requirements that lead to a fielded product
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Maintains a "customer focus" attitude to ensure customer satisfaction
- Providing clear, concise, and timely communication with customers, supervisors, and project managers
- Work within a team environment and attend meetings with other team members, customers, etc.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.