Under direction, performs Geographic Information Systems (GIS) program planning, management, and coordination; infrastructure mapping and database management; and application development work. This position is also responsible for the overall coordination, development, implementation, operation, maintenance, and training. A GIS Manager plans, organizes, coordinates, and participates in the development and implementation of the organization's GIS to meet the organization's mapping and end-user service objectives. They provide expertise, support, assistance, and guidance to organizational staff and external contacts. Must have the ability to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods.
location: Flanders, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Development of the GIS database and applications.
- Conducting use-case analysis of business functions to establish GIS application requirements and geospatial data model requirements.
- Identifying and defining appropriate applications of the system and associated GIS products.
- Planning and designing the analytic procedures and methodologies for performing the applications.
- Preparing initial work and cost estimates for GIS development activities.
- Develops and implements training programs, manuals, and provides technical support to internal GIS users and organizations clients.
- Planning and communicating specific work tasks for database creation and management, application development, and ongoing maintenance.
- Working closely with end users to identify GIS requirements, technical issues, and training needs.
- Analyzing current business processes and recommend best-practice solutions.
- Analyzing current GIS system functions, procedures, and capabilities to determine if improved methods are possible and develop and present proposals for new approaches and options to meet user needs.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving GIS application problems.
- Communicating with internal and external technical resources to resolve end-user issues and providing guidance to users on methods for correcting reported problems.
- Establishes data collection format and routines for data input and access for all users of GIS.
- Responds to requests by providing GIS maps, services, and support by applying GIS technology efficiently, effectively, and responsively.
- Oversees related staff activities by providing training, coaching, and technical support as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license.
- Four-year Bachelor's Degree in Geographic Information Systems or related field.
- Five (5) years of Geographic Information Systems or related experience with GIS mapping and database management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Desired Qualifications - Experience Using:
- ESRI and ArcGIS Software & Apps
- ArcGIS Enterprise
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Pro
- ArcGIS Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.